AD

PUT HERE

Happy New Year's . . . Resolution?



It’s a New Year

2009 . . . And while most are trying to reinvent themselves and coined catchy phrases like “09 is mine,” we must evaluate . . . . What are YOU doing differently that will secure your chances for having a successful New Year?

I DETEST new year’s resolution. Most break the first few an hour after the ball has dropped in Times Square so why set goal and/or expectations you know will not only be a challenge but something you are not disciplined enough to uphold.

Instead, set realistic goals. Evaluate your standards in life and try to live up to them. Each moment we set out on this earth to create a better day than the one before is more realistic than promising to quit a bad or ugly habit cold turkey. Most don’t know how to stop whatever negativity they put out or say the least accurately identify the quality and/or the cause.

Now I put a lot of thought into this. At first, I tried to devise my own resolution for a better 2009. One of my focuses was to stop partying. 2008 I practically lived in the club with attending the weekly event Dirty Sexy Money at Plumm hosted by former ANTM contestant Nik Pace every Monday (the event had a good run but officially died in July). Nevertheless, if I were to set that as a goal I would be breaking it if I set one foot inside any club whether it is for support of a birthday or good cause ultimately resulting in me being a hypocrite.

I modified my mindset because clubbing isn’t bad at all. It on one hand provides recreation and entertainment and on the other hand it supports people as a form of income. Nothing is wrong when you party for a purpose or an outlet (supporting a celebrity hosted event or event that supports a good cause). I am learning to be more selective at which events (not parties) I choose to attend.




Jan 2008 at The Plumm
Picture courtesy of 7days7nights.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your AD Here